My Ramanagara Trek on 21/6/2019


My Ramanagara Trek on 21/6/2019
Day 1
21/6/2019 at SAP Labs World International Yoga Day


I went from SAP Labs Bellandur to SAP Labs Whitefield Main Campus for yoga on 21-6-2019 as it was World International Yoga Day. 



I took an Ola from Bellandur to Whitefield and left at 2:00 p.m. and reached at 2:30 p.m. After reaching at 2:30 p.m. I went to indoor cafeteria and waited there for some time. I was just taking a walk outside Main Labs Campus till outside food court for some time from 2:30 to 3:30 pm.  Then Karthik called up to check at 2:45 and asked me where I was. Then Karthik informed me that he will be joining in another 45 minutes. The yoga started at 3:30 p.m.  It was conducted by the trainers of Isha Yoga Foundation. They trained us on various yogic asanas and deep breathing.


Karthik, me and group of SAP Employees listening to a lecture of yoga techniques and benefits on World International Yoga Day. 

The event started with deep breathing exercises, meditation, and yogic asanas and ended with some relaxation techniques.



Karthik, me and group of SAP employees performing tad asana/vrikshasana.








Karthik, Mahendran, Sridhar me and Savita Gopi posing for a group photo after session of yoga. 

After yoga session was over, Karthik and me took a walk till Hatti Kappi.  Karthik asked me what I want to drink and I told him that I want hot badam milk to drink. Karthik said that he will take coffee and asked whether I take coffee to which I replied that I don’t take coffee as coffee is not good for my health. 

After coffee and badam milk at 5 pm, Karthik said that he will be going to Building 5 and asked me to take some walk and enjoy and explore the Main Labs Campus. At around 5:45 pm, I finished my walking and went to Building 5 and sat next to Karthik’s desk and was seeing the calendar. At around 6:10 pm, I played carom with Karthik and he appreciated my carom playing techniques. 

Day 1(21/6/2019)
at Karthik’s parent’s house

After carom, Karthik and me left for  his parent’s (Balasubramanian Uncle and Vijayalakshmi Aunty) house and spent some time there discussing about the various treks that I had gone for and also my memory on dates.

A group photo was taken at Karthik’s parent’s house with Karthik, me and Kaina (Karthik’s parents’s neighbor).

From Balasubramanian uncle’s house, Karthik and me went to his house and spent some time there. From there we both went to Indra Nagar for dinner at Onesta hotel.

Day 1(21/6/2019)
Dinner at Onesta Hotel

Me admiring the pizza at hand at Onesta.
Post dinner, we went to Gelato Milano and took ice cream.

Day 1(21/6/2019)
Ice Cream at Gelato Milano after dinner
Karthik and me taking ice cream at Gelato Milano.

Post ice cream at Gelato Milano, we went to the Bangalore Mountaineering Club (BMC) office located nearby at around 10.45 pm and waited for other trekkers to join for Ramanagara Trek.





Me posing for a picture at BMC.









          
























Photo taken at Bangalore Mountaineering Club.

Once all the 10 trekkers assembled, we left BMC by Tempo Traveller bus at 11:00 pm and reached Ramanagara at 12:50 a.m.
Upon reaching Ramanagara, we went for a trek from down the hills and went up till the peak and saw the view, mountains, and rocks. The trek was from 12:50 to 2:30 a.m. I enjoyed the entire trek and also nature.

Day 1(21/6/2019)
Photos taken at Ramanagara Trek during night 




Me enjoying the trip. I saw the  forests were dense, covered with small trees.































Me enjoying the trip. I saw the  forests were dense, covered with small trees.













Me walking with torch light with Karthik.

The area was a dense jungle, saw birds chirping in the night, making sounds and could hear the sound of the vehicles moving on the road. The weather was pleasant and not so hot. I could enjoy the nice cool air outside and nature. It was dark and all of us were holding torches in hand. I could hear the hissing sounds of the bats chirping.  I could see the view of the houses and roads where vehicles were moving. The sky was fully covered with stars. I enjoying walking through jungles and forests. I saw that there were lots of rocks on the steepy side areas, bushes and thorns. 






I was walking with my shadow for the first time in my life. I thoroughly enjoyed the night walk and also the peak view.

Day 2(22/6/2019)
Photo taken early morning 3:30 am at Ramanagara view point
Post the trek, I was feeling sleepy and felt tired
The entire BMC Team slept inside sleeping bags at around 3.30 around the rocks and in the open. This also was my first experience of sleeping in the open and it was awesome!

Photo taken on 22/6/2019 at Ramanagara enjoying the nature
 For the first time I saw the open sky in the morning at 6:15 a.m. when I got up along with the others. We also saw the sun rise at 7:30 a.m. I also saw the clouds moving.

















The view of the skies being light blue in color and the clouds moving.






















Me sitting up and getting up and removing my sleeping bag and enjoying the sunrise. Saw the full nature up and close. It was beautiful!
We all just moved and enjoyed nature till around 8 am.

Day 2(22/6/2019)
Photo taken near the viewpoint and also peak area 



















Me with entire team of Bangalore Mountaineering Club enjoying the nature.  





Me enjoying the view of the rocks and Ramanagara. The area was again covered with small trees, big rock view point and white clouds moving like a sea wave.
















Photo taken near the view of the peak.

My photo taken on top of the hill. The full picture of my shadow was dim light that is sun was rising towards my entire body.















Karthik and me.



















Group photo taken after trekking. Me and Ekta who is working in SAP Labs was in photo.

Photo of me taken when I was sitting on the rock. Saw the peak and nice nature surrounding lots of mountains, trees, rocks. Climbed on top of the rocks and Saw the calmness and stillness of nature.





After morning trek in natural surroundings, came to the Forest Guest House at around 8.15 am.

Day 2(22/6/2019)

Photo taken at Forest Guest House 



















Photo taken of me exhausted and sitting on the sofa in the forest guest house before rapelling started.

We all freshened ourselves at the Guest House and started for rapelling activity at around 8.30 am. There were two instructors from BMC who were guiding the trekkers on rapelling. Rapelling is the process wherein we jump from top of the mountain to the bottom with the help of a rope to keep the body in balance. The trainers were carrying equipments such as harness, belts (which were tightened around the buckle), helmets for safety and also gloves to ensure that people have a better grip on the rope. 

Day 2(22/6/2019)
Photo taken before rapelling started



















Photo taken of Karthik and me with full protective gears before rapelling started.

Day 2(22/6/2019)
Photo taken during my rapelling 

Photo taken of me when I was doing rapelling. During rapelling time I was a bit scared but the trainer asked me not to bend but to keep my knee straight and hold the rope tight. He also explained that I if the rope is left loose, then the chances of falling are very high. Then finally I got the grip and did the rapelling. I found it to be a very good experience with Karthik appreciating me as well. Karthik also did rapelling very well and enjoyed himself.





























Photo taken of Karthik while he was standing on bottom of the rocks and showing a thumsup.

Day 2(22/6/2019)
Photo taken after rapelling


Photo taken of Karthik and me after rapelling. I was happy and excited because Karthik had told me to that I had done well in rapelling.

Day 2(22/6/2019)
Post rapelling the entire team had breakfast at the forest guest house and then left Ramanagara at around 9:45 a.m. and proceeded towards Bangalore.
























Photo taken of me while leaving from Ramanagara to Bangalore Mountaineering Club. 
We reached BMC at 12:15 p.m. We all were feeling tired after a hectic and enjoyable trip. We said good bye to one another and the team dispersed back to their respective homes. I booked an Ola and reached home at 1:30 p.m.

I had a good and nice trip to Ramanagara. I would like to go back again there if given a chance.

Comments

  1. Excellent capture of trekking experience. Maintain the vivid recall👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Ramanagara Trip is written in detail about trekking and nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Manas

    Relived the Ramanagara Trek that we did together while reading your blog.One of the most memorable trek. Your writing is as firm as your foot step during the trek.

    Keep writing!


    Karthik

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly well written without missing the minute details...you and your friends seem to have thoroughly enjoyed living amidst nature, sleeping in the open and walking endlessly. That experience doing rapelling must have been terrific ! I wish u more such memorable trips. Good luck..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Trek to Kodachadri Peak from 22nd September 2023 to 24th September 2023

My Trip To Auroville Marathon from 16th February 2024 to 18th February 2024