My Trek to Kodachadri Peak from 22nd September 2023 to 24th September 2023

My experience on Day 1(22-09-2023) from Jayanagar to Whitefield and from Whitefield to Bangalore Mountaineering Club:

I started from Jayanagar by Ola Cab at around 5:45 p.m. on 22-09-2023 and came through Jayanagar, Bannerghata Road, Dairy Circle, Koramangala, Marathahalli, Bellandur and reached Whitefield at 7:10 p.m. After reaching Whitefield to Karthik’s home, myself and Balu Uncle were just chit-chatting and having talks/discussions/conversations. Then Karthik was just doing his official work in his laptop for some time, and we were having some talks and chit-chat from 7:15 p.m. to 8.00 p.m. Karthik and I went by Uber Cab from Whitefield to Umesh Restaurant to have our dinner before boarding the bus from Bangalore Mountaineering Club which was at 8:00 p.m. we had left and reached Umesh Restaurant and had good ghee pudi idli vada ghee pudi onion dosa and I drank hot badam milk and Karthik drank coffee and he paid for dinner at Umesh Restaurant. In the cab Myself and Karthik were just chit-chatting. After having dinner at Umesh Restaurant at Indira Nagar, we went to Bangalore Mountaineering Club at 9:17 p.m. by walk and Karthik was appreciating me about my routine that I don’t break the routine, also me initiating the trek planned on 21st and also me moving around a lot from 9:17 p.m. to 9:33 p.m. 

In the bus while going at 9:45 p.m. Karthik was appreciating me about my data science course and also a big gift from him will be given for me in completing the data science course and also was appreciating my progress and also some talks/discussions/chit-chat were going on and were playing some fun activity like doing playing games something like that and trek instructor Nikhil spoke about trek and leeches will be there so we must be careful of leeches and also would take some time to reach the homestay and then we go from homestay after freshening up and breakfast for a long trek. 


Then in the night we slept off and bus went through Indira Nagar, Domlur, Malleshwaram, Sankey Road, we were remembering our memory of our Bangalore Walkathon done in the road Malleshwaram Golf Course Road, Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium and also in the bus Karthik was seeing my transformation from a fat person to a fit person lot of changes and interactions everyday we have been having from 2019 to 2023 for the last four years and keep it up and great job. The bus went through Bangalore, Hosakote, Hassan, Arisekere, Tarikere, Bhadravathi, Shimoga and reached the homestay at 9:00 a.m. on 23rd September 2023. The bus journey was from 9:45 p.m. to 9:00 a.m. that is 11 hours 15 minutes journey.


   The photo taken of me in the bus while I was sitting next to window and sleeping very well and             closing my eyes while I slept very well.

My experience on Day 2(23-09-2023) at Homestay and trekking Kodachadri Peak world’s 10th tallest peak in Karnataka:


On 23rd September after reaching homestay, we had freshened up and then changed our clothes to get ready for trekking. The Homestay was Sri Ambika Homestay. We then took breakfast and breakfast was Idli Mangalore buns.  After breakfast, we had to take our lunch lime rice in packed dhabba and took some water with us to drink while we do trekking the peak. 


We left at around 10:00 a.m. by bus to base peak and reached the base peak at 10:20 a.m. and started trekking from 10:20 a.m. till 14:00 p.m. and while trekking we went through the Falls, saw the water falls and really this was the first time I am experiencing the trek water falls and we were having some talks/conversations/discussions in general and while climbing up the peak, Karthik and Nikhil told me to take small steps while walking and be careful while climbing as the peak was very bit steep path so I had taken care and then walked slowly after Karthik had given me the instruction and then walked slowly and stopped till the falls and then took bath in the falls and Karthik was appreciating my trekking skills great job Manas keep it up while we were going to the falls and then took bath in the falls to clean up ourselves and after that again proceeded from the falls to the peak fully doing the peak till the level of the nature view and were chit chatting and then Karthik was another person who told me come on to me I have to climb more and initially little bit I was exhausted so to control the exhausation I walked ahead and Karthik told me congratulations in completing and had reached the peak. But then from the peak we went till the forest fields and took lunch to eat as it gave us more strength to walk further and then me, Karthik and Pramod were having talks/conversations and sang Jagadananda Karaka and some Dil Diyan Gallan songs and was appreciated great singing some few Tamil songs.



Then we climbed further ahead the base peak and reached till the top of the peak temple Shiva Temple of Mookambika National Park and Karthik told me Great Initiative of me taking for this Kodachadri Trek and will be published in the PCP Energizer Weeks Location Stories and also my blog will be published of people stories this week and also I made it happen luckily and did the peaking me peaking for first time world’s 10th tallest peak in Karnataka(1323 meters) above sea level and was really a great achievement and Karthik was very proud of me in completing the peak trek 10th tallest peak in Karnataka. 


From the peak we went till the base and then went by jeep from the base to the homestay and was a great experience which was from 10:00 a.m. till 17:45 p.m./18:00 p.m. and it was 11 km trek and a good trek 11 km of Kodachadri Peak and really felt very proud of myself. We reached the homestay at 18:00 p.m. and after reaching homestay, Karthik appreciated to me that I rocked the peak summiting 1343 meters above sea level 10th tallest peak in Karnataka and then we were just having talks/discussions/conversations from 18:00 p.m. to 18:30 p.m. and then took hot water bath from 18:40 p.m. to 19:00 p.m. We had games playing activity me telling the clue of the word and also giving the clue for the word game fun activity and Karthik appreciated me really great fun activity which was from 19:15 p.m. to 20:55 p.m. and we took dinner from 21:00 p.m. till 21:30 p.m. which was chapati, sabzi, sambar, rice, curd, veg pulao with raitha and then after dinner Karthik was appreciating to Nagendra and Bairav and Arun about my memory and he coaching me in running and also transformed from a fat person to a fit person. He also gave an introduction about Autism At Work he has been initiating and also my dates telling the day of the particular date and my singing performance which was sung very well sahana saral and told excellent singing which Nagendra and Bairav and Arun appreciated which was from 21:35 p.m. till 22:00 p.m.. then we had some game activity where Nikhil initiated some fun activity game calling the person something like that which was from 22:15 p.m. till 22:45 p.m. and then went off to sleep at 22:45 p.m.


My experience on Day 3(24-09-2023) at Kodachadri Peak and from Kodachadri to Shiva Fort and from Shimoga to Bhadravathi and Bhadravathi to Bangalore:

On 24-09-2023 we got up in the morning at 7:20 a.m. till 7:40 a.m.  and then freshened up and Myself and Karthik and Arun were having some talks and conversations and discussions in general going on which was from 7:40 a.m. till 8:00 a.m. and then at 8:00 a.m. we had breakfast which was appam and rice sevai upma, and then we went to the pond to see the natural thing in the pond water and Karthik was appreciating me being week 1 number 4 position week 2 number 3 position week 3 number 3 position week 4 number 3 position and my PCP Energizers Weeks has been going on good for me so far and he told this last week will be the Meaningful Summit and also me being the motivator for him in motivating him for the travels and remembered our Kodaikanal, Mysore, Bandipur trip August and so many trips which was very good and also some talks/conversations going on in general which was from 8:20 a.m. till 8:50 a.m. and left for Shiva Fort at 8:55 a.m. and reached the fort at 9:15 a.m. and then saw the full fort view building, and also a great trek seeing the view experiencing the fort and also Karthik requested me to take photographs of him and was appreciating my photography skills that I have improved earlier I was taking as the phone camera was shaking and this time it was not shaking so pictures came out very well and that’s the skill photography of mine he appreciated and told me awesome buddy to me. 




The fort was from 9:15 a.m. till 10:35 a.m. and then left from the fort Kodachadri to Bhadravathi from 10:45 a.m. till 13:15 p.m. and the restaurant was Hulli Manne Restaurant at Bhadravathi and lunch was from 13:25 p.m. till 14:15 p.m. and in the hotel myself, Karthik, Sudeen, Santosh were having some talks/conversations and was appreciating me about my memory dates and also events he organizes and Pranav calling Karthik and telling that his dad’s sister arangetaram performance at Chowdiah Memorial Hall is on 20th October and he appreciated that he and me did the trek Kodachadri Trek really very well done and then lunch was baby corn pepper dry, palak paneer and tandoori roti and took lime soda to hydrate ourselves as trekking 10th tallest peak in Karnataka was really very well done. We had some talks/conversations in general during lunch from 13:20 p.m. till 14:10 p.m. between me, Sudeen, Santosh and Karthik. We left at 14:25 p.m. from Bhadravathi and passed through Bhadravathi, Arisekere, Tarikere, and in the bus Karthik was asking me that this is my 10th tallest peak summitted so far and also I told it was really great trekking experience, sharing my trip experience it was very good and also enjoyed the sceneries in the bus, good bus journey, also me doing fun activity giving the clue of the word and also interactions dancing and entertainment and really a great time spent from Bhadravathi to Tiptur for coffee break at 5:20 p.m. and then took vada and pista ice cream to hydrate ourselves and Karthik took vada and coffee to drink and break from 5:20 p.m. to 5:45 p.m./5:50 p.m. we left from Tiptur at 5:50 p.m. and passed through Tiptur, Hosakote, Nagasandra, Malleshwaram, and Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium and was a great experience of me summitting 10th tallest peak in Karnataka in my life for the first time and such a nice trekking experience of Kodachadri Peak and felt very proud of myself doing the 10th tallest peak summiting in my life and then got down at Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium and trekking did before PCP Energizer weeks ends on 29th September and then booked an Ola cab from Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium at 9:45 p.m. and reached home at 10:20 p.m. 












Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well written. It also indicates wet weather which has given you a cold.Anyway take care in future treks which you should try to take in better weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for persuading me to make this Trek happen. One of the best Trek experiences I ever had. Very well written. Keep it up, Manas. Proud of you 👍😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely written Manas. That was so detailed. Such a genius you are. Everytime I talk about Kodachadri trek I just have to share this blog piece. ;)

    Expecting more blogs from you in future. keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Ramanagara Trek on 21/6/2019

My Trip To Auroville Marathon from 16th February 2024 to 18th February 2024